CSX Corp. (CSX) – Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for CSX Corp. (NASDAQ: CSX):
- 9/13/2016 – CSX Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $29.00 to $32.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – CSX Corp. was upgraded by analysts at Wolfe Research from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – CSX Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG.
- 9/12/2016 – CSX Corp. was upgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $30.00.
- 9/12/2016 – CSX Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Bank of America Corp.. They now have a $32.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/9/2016 – CSX Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital.
- 9/1/2016 – CSX Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital. They now have a $31.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/11/2016 – CSX Corp. is now covered by analysts at Atlantic Securities. They set a “neutral” rating and a $31.00 price target on the stock.
CSX Corp. (NASDAQ:CSX) opened at 29.27 on Tuesday. The stock has a market cap of $27.69 billion, a P/E ratio of 15.98 and a beta of 1.32. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $28.40 and a 200 day moving average price of $26.90. CSX Corp. has a 1-year low of $21.33 and a 1-year high of $30.53.
CSX Corp. (NASDAQ:CSX) last announced its earnings results on Wednesday, July 13th. The company reported $0.47 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.44 by $0.03. CSX Corp. had a net margin of 16.07% and a return on equity of 15.24%. The business earned $2.70 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $2.69 billion. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $0.56 earnings per share. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 11.7% on a year-over-year basis. Equities analysts expect that CSX Corp. will post $1.75 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, September 15th. Shareholders of record on Wednesday, August 31st were paid a dividend of $0.18 per share. This represents a $0.72 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.46%. The ex-dividend date was Monday, August 29th. CSX Corp.’s dividend payout ratio is 39.13%.
CSX Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is a transportation company. The Company provides rail-based transportation services, including rail service and the transport of intermodal containers and trailers. The Company serves three lines of business, such as merchandise business, coal business and intermodal business.
Receive News & Ratings for CSX Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CSX Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.