International Paper (IP) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of International Paper (NYSE: IP) recently:
- 10/3/2016 – International Paper was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “International Paper is undergoing restructuring initiatives to transform itself into a core packaging firm. The acquisition of Weyerhaeuser’s pulp business will strengthen International Paper’s position in the global fluff pulp market and augment its operating cash flow. In addition, the company expects the transaction to generate annual synergies of approximately $175 million by 2018 along with a higher flexibility to manage a wide portfolio of products through superior R&D capabilities and priceless patent portfolio. In North America, the company also envisions a large opportunity within its industrial packaging businesses. International Paper has a positive earnings surprise history, having beaten estimates in each of the trailing four quarters. Earnings estimates have remained steady over the last week. However, huge pension obligations and volatility in raw material prices could reduce its profitability.”
- 9/23/2016 – International Paper was given a new $50.00 price target on by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/22/2016 – International Paper is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc.. They set a “neutral” rating and a $49.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/22/2016 – International Paper was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $51.66 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2016 – International Paper had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Agricole SA from $45.00 to $53.00. They now have an “underperform” rating on the stock.
- 8/31/2016 – International Paper had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $49.00 to $53.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/31/2016 – International Paper had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a $42.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/22/2016 – International Paper had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 8/13/2016 – International Paper had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $47.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/10/2016 – International Paper had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $40.00 to $42.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/5/2016 – International Paper had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
Shares of International Paper Co. (NYSE:IP) traded down 0.38% on Monday, hitting $47.80. 2,346,006 shares of the stock were exchanged. The stock has a market cap of $19.66 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 25.89 and a beta of 1.55. International Paper Co. has a 1-year low of $32.50 and a 1-year high of $49.90. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $48.00 and its 200-day moving average is $43.98.
International Paper (NYSE:IP) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July 28th. The company reported $0.92 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.84 by $0.08. International Paper had a net margin of 3.58% and a return on equity of 35.41%. The company had revenue of $5.30 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $5.32 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $0.97 EPS. The company’s quarterly revenue was down 6.9% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts forecast that International Paper Co. will post $3.49 earnings per share for the current year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, September 15th. Stockholders of record on Monday, August 15th were paid a $0.44 dividend. This represents a $1.76 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.68%. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, August 11th. International Paper’s dividend payout ratio is currently 94.12%.
In related news, insider William P. Hoel sold 20,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Tuesday, September 13th. The shares were sold at an average price of $48.12, for a total transaction of $962,400.00. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. Also, insider Thomas G. Kadien sold 10,000 shares of the stock in a transaction on Thursday, September 15th. The stock was sold at an average price of $47.86, for a total transaction of $478,600.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 0.64% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
International Paper Company (International Paper) is a paper and packaging company with primary markets and manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. The Company operates in three segments: Industrial Packaging, Printing Papers and Consumer Packaging.
Receive News & Ratings for International Paper Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for International Paper Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.