Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for Novartis AG (NVS)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) in the last few weeks:
- 9/28/2016 – Novartis AG was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/21/2016 – Novartis AG was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Novartis is facing challenging business conditions due to generic competition and weakness in the Alcon business. Generic competition for Gleevec, Exelon Patch, Diovan and Exforge; increased spending related to the ongoing launches of Entresto and Cosentyx; the restructuring plan for Alcon; and unfavorable currency fluctuations will continue to dampen the company’s performance in the upcoming quarters. Nevertheless, the company enjoys a strong presence in the oncology market with drugs like Afinitor, Exjade, Jakavi and Zykadia. We are also impressed by the company’s efforts to strengthen its biosimilars portfolio.”
- 9/20/2016 – Novartis AG is now covered by analysts at Chardan Capital. They set a “buy” rating and a $95.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – Novartis AG had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 8/25/2016 – Novartis AG had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus.
Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) opened at 78.96 on Monday. The firm has a market cap of $188.02 billion, a PE ratio of 28.19 and a beta of 0.57. Novartis AG has a 52 week low of $69.90 and a 52 week high of $95.11. The stock has a 50 day moving average of $80.36 and a 200-day moving average of $78.69.
Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) last released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, July 19th. The company reported $1.23 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.18 by $0.05. The business earned $12.47 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $12.33 billion. Novartis AG had a return on equity of 15.33% and a net margin of 13.84%. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $1.25 EPS. Analysts expect that Novartis AG will post $4.72 earnings per share for the current year.
Novartis AG is a holding company. The Company specializes in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of a range of healthcare products led by pharmaceuticals, including eye care products. Its portfolio includes medicines, eye care and generic pharmaceuticals. The Company’s segments include Pharmaceuticals, Alcon and Sandoz.
Receive News & Ratings for Novartis AG Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Novartis AG and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.