Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for DexCom (DXCM)
DexCom (NASDAQ: DXCM) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/4/2016 – DexCom was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “DexCom Inc.’s margins would continue to be come under pressure in the coming quarters owing to high product development costs and rising expenditures on research & development along with marketing. Specifically, the company is expected to lose a few margins on transmitter sales in spite of the cost reduction initiatives (which are expected to be effective only by the second half of 2017). Additionally, cutthroat competition in the market for blood glucose monitoring devices is a major headwind. Entry of additional products in this market would also make it challenging for DexCom to protect or grow its market share. In fact DexCom might face supply constraints in the near-term with an increasing demand for its offerings. This is because the company relies highly on third parties for an assured steady supply of inputs.”
- 10/2/2016 – DexCom is now covered by analysts at B. Riley. They set a “neutral” rating and a $97.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – DexCom is now covered by analysts at B. Riley. They set a “neutral” rating and a $97.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/16/2016 – DexCom was upgraded by analysts at Desjardins from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/16/2016 – DexCom is now covered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They set an “outperform” rating and a $112.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/14/2016 – DexCom was downgraded by analysts at BTIG Research from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $92.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of DexCom Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM) traded down 3.59% during midday trading on Tuesday, reaching $81.93. The company had a trading volume of 1,879,239 shares. DexCom Inc. has a 1-year low of $47.92 and a 1-year high of $96.38. The firm’s 50 day moving average price is $91.52 and its 200-day moving average price is $77.66. The stock’s market capitalization is $6.87 billion.
DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) last released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August 2nd. The medical device company reported ($0.24) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.12) by $0.12. The firm had revenue of $137.30 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $132.48 million. DexCom had a negative net margin of 16.42% and a negative return on equity of 19.68%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 47.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned ($0.05) EPS. Equities research analysts expect that DexCom Inc. will post ($0.57) EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other news, EVP Richard Doubleday sold 3,182 shares of DexCom stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, September 23rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $93.97, for a total value of $299,012.54. Following the completion of the transaction, the executive vice president now owns 83,582 shares in the company, valued at approximately $7,854,200.54. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through the SEC website. Also, CEO Kevin R. Sayer sold 7,000 shares of DexCom stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, July 13th. The stock was sold at an average price of $79.92, for a total value of $559,440.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Company insiders own 2.80% of the company’s stock.
Dexcom, Inc (Dexcom) is a medical device company. The Company is focused on the design, development and commercialization of continuous glucose monitoring systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and for use by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with and without diabetes. Its products include SEVEN PLUS, DexCom G4, DexCom G4 PLATINUM, DexCom Share System and DexCom G5 Mobile.
Receive News & Ratings for DexCom Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for DexCom Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.