Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Marriott International (MAR)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Marriott International (NASDAQ: MAR):
- 9/26/2016 – Marriott International was upgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $78.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – Marriott International had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $65.00 to $66.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – Marriott International is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc.. They set a “buy” rating and a $81.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2016 – Marriott International was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $78.88 price target on the stock.
- 9/23/2016 – Marriott International had its price target lowered by analysts at Telsey Advisory Group from $74.00 to $70.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 9/23/2016 – Marriott International was given a new $80.00 price target on by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/8/2016 – Marriott International is now covered by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein. They set an “outperform” rating and a $87.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/22/2016 – Marriott International was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $76.32 price target on the stock.
- 8/15/2016 – Marriott International was upgraded by analysts at Credit Agricole SA from an “underperform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
Shares of Marriott International Inc. (NASDAQ:MAR) opened at 66.91 on Thursday. The firm has a market capitalization of $17.02 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 19.94 and a beta of 1.28. Marriott International Inc. has a 12-month low of $56.43 and a 12-month high of $79.88. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $69.11 and its 200 day moving average price is $68.77.
Marriott International (NASDAQ:MAR) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, July 27th. The company reported $1.03 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.98 by $0.05. The company earned $3.90 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $3.91 billion. Marriott International had a negative return on equity of 25.25% and a net margin of 5.87%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 5.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.82 earnings per share. Equities research analysts expect that Marriott International Inc. will post $3.63 earnings per share for the current year.
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 30th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 23rd were given a $0.30 dividend. This represents a $1.20 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.79%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Wednesday, September 21st. Marriott International’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 35.71%.
In related news, insider Craig S. Smith sold 1,373 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 23rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $73.30, for a total transaction of $100,640.90. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now directly owns 15,704 shares in the company, valued at $1,151,103.20. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through this link. Also, insider Argiris Kyriakidis sold 3,000 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, August 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $71.49, for a total value of $214,470.00. Following the transaction, the insider now owns 21,658 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $1,548,330.42. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 17.07% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Marriott International, Inc is a lodging company. The Company is an operator, franchisor and licensor of hotels and timeshare properties in approximately 90 countries and territories under over 20 brand names. It operates through three segments: North American Full-Service, which includes brands, such as The Ritz-Carlton, EDITION, JW Marriott, Autograph Collection Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Delta Hotels and Resorts, and Renaissance Hotels located in the United States and Canada; North American Limited-Service, which includes brands, such as AC Hotels by Marriott, Courtyard, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, TownePlace Suites properties and Fairfield Inn & Suites located in the United States and Canada, and International, which includes brands, such as Bulgari Hotels & Resorts, Protea Hotels and Moxy Hotels located outside the United States and Canada.
Receive News & Ratings for Marriott International Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Marriott International Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.