International Paper Company (IP) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of International Paper Company (NYSE: IP) recently:
- International Paper Company had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at DA Davidson. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock.
- International Paper Company had its “sector perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at RBC Capital. They now have a $37.00 price target on the stock.
- International Paper Company had its price target raised by analysts at Credit Suisse from $42.00 to $44.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock. They wrote, “While we lower our 2013 EPS estimate largely due to a sizeable increase in non-cash pension expense, we’re confident our positive thesis continues to play out. Specifically, 1) strong leverage to structural improvement to the US containerboard market, 2) favorable growth in emerging markets, and 3) a robust FCF profile (11.4% FCF yield in 2013) to support deleveraging and an attractive dividend.”
- International Paper Company had its price target raised by analysts at UBS AG to $42.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- International Paper Company had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $42.00 price target on the stock. Zacks‘ analyst wrote, “International Paper reported third quarter 2012 EPS of $0.75 and revenues of $7 billion, both short of the respective Zacks Consensus Estimates. Mergers and acquisitions continue to be International Paper’s key strategy to strengthen its businesses over the long term. The company’s acquisition of Temple-Inland is expected to be highly accretive beyond 2013. The combination will fortify the packaging business of North America by increasing its share in the corrugated packaging market to 34% from the current level of 27%. Furthermore, through its joint ventures, International Paper has significant projects underway in Russia and China, which will help the company sustain its earnings growth. We maintain our Outperform recommendation with a target price of $42.00.”
International Paper Company opened at 36.93 on Friday. International Paper Company has a 1-year low of $25.36 and a 1-year high of $37.25. The company has a market cap of $16.208 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of 18.85.
International Paper Company (International Paper) is a global paper and packaging company, with primary markets and manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia and North Africa.