Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Dell (DELL)
Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) was the recipient of a ratings changes during the seven days:
- Dell had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $14.00 price target on the stock.
- Dell had its price target lowered by analysts at UBS AG from $11.00 to $10.00.
- Dell had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at UBS AG.
- Dell had its price target lowered by analysts at Goldman Sachs to $9.00. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock. They wrote, “While Dell candidly discussed PC weakness last quarter and reset expectations accordingly, we believe the market and competitive dynamics have continued to worsen. In addition, Dell’s penchant for sacrificing market share to preserve margins may become increasingly challenging to maintain as competitors become more aggressive. While Dell’s margins may hold up better than its competition in coming quarters, its revenue and unit shortfalls may be more severe. Furthermore, we continue to believe incrementally weaker server demand (in traditional enterprises) will weaken Dell’s near-term ability to counter PC weakness with its enterprise solutions business.”
- Dell is now covered by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They set an “equalweight” rating on the stock. They wrote, “Macro uncertainty continues to delay non-critical IT spending, while PCs also face aggressive price competition. Dell is investing in enterprise solutions to shift away from PCs and needs to continue to do so. The stock already discounts the weak demand near term so we resume coverage at EW..While Dell remains structurally disadvantaged with 65% revenue exposure to PCs and servers, the recent acceleration in acquisitions increases the likelihood that Dell can grow revenue and improve margins to in-line with its peer group over the long term.”
Dell Inc. opened at 9.43 on Thursday. Dell Inc. has a 1-year low of $9.38 and a 1-year high of $18.36. The company has a market cap of $16.357 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of 5.89.
Dell Inc. (Dell) is a global information technology company that offers its customers a range of solutions and services delivered directly by Dell and through other distribution channels.