Juniper Networks (JNPR) – Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
Juniper Networks (NASDAQ: JNPR) received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms in the last week:
- Juniper Networks had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Janney Montgomery Scott. They now have a $21.00 price target on the stock.
- Juniper Networks had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $16.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $15.00. They wrote, “Juniper delivered a solid beat with revenue, margins, and EPS all better than expected, but guidance was lower. 3Q revenue and EPS of $1.118B/$0.22 was above our/consensus $1.065B/$0.17 estimate. Strength in EMEA, APAC, and US service provider spending help offset weak US enterprise demand. The security business was surprisingly solid but was mostly related to service provider demand, which is lumpy. Switching was also modestly better and routers were roughly in line. The geo and product mix were not what we had expected and going forward we would expect a return to a more typical revenue distribution. Despite the solid results in the quarter, guidance was a letdown. With easy Y/Y compares and 4Q generally its seasonally strongest quarter, guidance assumes only flat Y/Y and Q/Q growth.”
- Juniper Networks had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $18.00 price target on the stock. Zacks‘ analyst wrote, “Juniper delivered decent third quarter 2012 results by beating the Zacks Consensus Estimates both on the top and bottom lines. However, year over year comparisons were not much encouraging. Cash position improved, while debt remained constant. Growth in operating expenses was aided by one-time items. Juniper provided a bleak fourth quarter guidance in view of the cautious spending nature of its customers. But we are positive on Juniper’s new product traction, focus on revenue growth, cost reduction initiatives by way of reducing headcount and improving execution on supply chain and procurement activities. Despite the positive momentum, we believe that the company could be affected by the much-pressured core routing market, reduction in tech spending and stiff competition. Juniper has a Neutral recommendation.”
- Juniper Networks had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Group from $19.75 to $21.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “Juniper’s Q3 results were better than expected. December quarter guidance was slightly below expectations overall. We’re not concerned as we believe the organization has established a pattern of providing overly conservative projections – Q4 will be the fourth quarter in a row in this regard.”
- Juniper Networks had its “positive” rating reaffirmed by analysts at MKM Partners.
Juniper Networks opened at 17.27 on Friday. Juniper Networks has a 1-year low of $14.01 and a 1-year high of $25.35. The company has a market cap of $9.001 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of 46.54.
Juniper Networks, Inc. (Juniper Networks) designs, develops, and sells products and services that together provide its customers with network infrastructure.