Kroger (KR) – Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Kroger (NYSE: KR) recently:
- Kroger was upgraded by analysts at Jefferies Group from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $30.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Kroger, we believe, is focused on improving ROIC, while continuing to gain market share, which should lead to growing EBITDA and higher EPS. Indeed, our research indicates that KR is currently seeing further market share gains likely at the expense of its peers. A very reasonable current valuation and a 2.5% yield also suggest investors will be well rewarded.”
- Kroger had its price target raised by analysts at Guggenheim to $31.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- Kroger had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Janney Montgomery Scott. They now have a $28.00 price target on the stock.
- Kroger had its price target raised by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald from $23.00 to $25.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- Kroger had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $25.00 price target on the stock.
- Kroger had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Zacks. They now have a $26.00 price target on the stock.
- Kroger had its price target raised by analysts at Goldman Sachs from $21.00 to $23.00. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock. They wrote, “Kroger Co. (KR) hosted an investor conference in New York on October 16 where management raised its long-term EPS growth target from 6%-8% to 8%-11% (inclusive of buybacks). The new range reflected five factors: 1) management’s confidence in the industry-leading position it has developed over the past decade; 2) increased capex towards new store growth, primarily in fill-in markets; 3) developing a digital presence; 4) leveraging insights to target the growing value-conscious customer; and 5) improving the core. Management also reiterated its FY12 ID sales (ex fuel) guidance of 3%-3.5% and noted that 3Q IDs and tonnage are currently trending above the run-rate at the start of the quarter.”
Shares of Kroger traded down 0.44% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, hitting $25.01. Kroger has a 52 week low of $20.98 and a 52 week high of $25.36. The company has a market cap of $13.195 billion and a P/E ratio of 23.65.
The Kroger Co is a retailer in the United States. The Company also manufactures and processes some of the food for sale in its supermarkets.