Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Potash Corp (POT)
A number of stock research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Potash Corp (NYSE: POT) during the last seven days:
- Potash Corp is now covered by analysts at Paradigm Research. They set a “buy” rating and a $74.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “While demand will ebb and flow in the short term, subject to farm economics and the timing of contract negotiations, over the long term, potash is an essential part of the food chain with no substitute, very high barriers for new entrants and a highly leverageable production model. Combined with a solid growth profile (through brownfield development and de-bottlenecking), we believe Potash Corp. is one of the most compelling names in an industry that has very attractive fundamentals.”
- Potash Corp is now covered by analysts at Dundee Securities. They set a “buy” rating on the stock.
- Potash Corp was downgraded by analysts at Lazard Capital from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- Potash Corp had its price target lowered by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $55.00 to $53.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock. They wrote, “POT remains at Outperform, but we lower our target price to $53 from $55. POT remains attractively valued, in our view, with a 2% dividend yield and FCF expected to double by 2014. In a strong ag dynamic, POT has lagged and seen multiple spread compression (more so since 2010 than 2012). A long-term POT ‘buy’ thesis is not the price growth story of 2007/08, in our view, but POT attempting to hold prices as best as possible while absorbing sizeable incremental brownfield capacity through discipline until demand catches up. Potash producers such as POT are likely hoping to push higher demand in 2013 and return to a growth trend (particularly in India) with recent modest price breaks (~5%).”
- Potash Corp had its price target lowered by analysts at Canaccord Genuity from $54.00 to $51.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They wrote, “We continue to rate the shares of Potash Corp a BUY but have lowered our target price to US$51.00 from US$54.00 previously based upon a 14x multiple to our 2013E EPS of US$3.64.”
- Potash Corp was downgraded by analysts at Scotia Capital from an “outperform” rating to a “sector perform” rating.
Shares of Potash Corp opened at 41.57 on Thursday. Potash Corp has a 52 week low of $36.73 and a 52 week high of $51.96. The company has a market cap of $35.720 billion and a P/E ratio of 14.80.
Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan Inc. (PCS) is an integrated fertilizer and related industrial and feed products company.