Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Aetna (AET)
Aetna (NYSE: AET) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 7/13/2017 – Aetna had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group. They now have a $165.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $160.00.
- 7/13/2017 – Aetna had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $144.00 to $157.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/4/2017 – Aetna was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $170.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Aetna expects long-term growth from its Government business. Cost-reduction initiatives, growing ACO collaborations pave the way for long-term growth. A strong balance sheet is another positive. Following a strong first quarter results, Aetna increased its earnings guidance. Year to date, the stock of Aetna has outperformed the Zacks categorized Medical Health Maintenance Organization industry. The stock has also witnessed an upward revision in earning estimates over the past 60 days. However, Aetna’s merger with Humana, which would have raised its rank in the industry, has been called off. Aetna has also been incurring losses in its public exchange business and has been exiting exchanges to avoid losses from this business. Furthermore, its membership growth remains under pressure. Increasing medical benefit ratios are also likely to hurt margins.”
- 6/28/2017 – Aetna is now covered by analysts at Citigroup Inc.. They set a “buy” rating and a $180.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/9/2017 – Aetna had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada from $147.00 to $162.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 6/6/2017 – Aetna is now covered by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They set an “overweight” rating and a $162.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/2/2017 – Aetna was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 5/30/2017 – Aetna had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They now have a $165.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $145.00.
- 5/27/2017 – Aetna was given a new $170.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Shares of Aetna Inc. (NYSE AET) opened at 155.00 on Tuesday. Aetna Inc. has a 1-year low of $104.59 and a 1-year high of $155.93. The stock’s 50 day moving average is $147.24 and its 200-day moving average is $132.57. The stock has a market cap of $51.41 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 47.27 and a beta of 0.54.
Aetna (NYSE:AET) last announced its earnings results on Tuesday, May 2nd. The company reported $2.71 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $2.36 by $0.35. The company had revenue of $15.17 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $15.39 billion. Aetna had a return on equity of 17.75% and a net margin of 1.84%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 3.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $2.30 earnings per share. On average, analysts anticipate that Aetna Inc. will post $8.99 EPS for the current year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, July 28th. Stockholders of record on Thursday, July 13th will be paid a dividend of $0.50 per share. This represents a $2.00 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.29%. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, July 11th. Aetna’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 62.31%.
In other news, Chairman Mark T. Bertolini sold 103,547 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Wednesday, May 17th. The stock was sold at an average price of $140.79, for a total transaction of $14,578,382.13. Following the transaction, the chairman now owns 659,888 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $92,905,631.52. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink. Also, EVP Margaret M. Mccarthy sold 27,028 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Wednesday, June 7th. The shares were sold at an average price of $149.23, for a total value of $4,033,388.44. Following the transaction, the executive vice president now directly owns 33,563 shares in the company, valued at approximately $5,008,606.49. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Corporate insiders own 1.14% of the company’s stock.
Aetna Inc is a diversified healthcare benefits company. The Company operates through three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance and Large Case Pensions. It offers a range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, medical management capabilities, Medicaid healthcare management services, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans, workers’ compensation administrative services and health information technology (HIT) products and services.
Receive News & Ratings for Aetna Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Aetna Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.