Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Guess? (GES)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Guess? (NYSE: GES):
- 8/8/2017 – Guess? was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Guess? have outperformed the industry in the last three months, primarily due to better-than-expected first-quarter fiscal 2018 results and robust outlook. The company’s performance was benefited by the impressive revenue growth at the Europe, American Wholesale and Asia segments. Moreover it’s Europe and Asia segments are expected to continue delivering solid results, backed by robust initiatives. Further the management is taking several cost-cutting and supply chain strategies to boost its top line. Also, estimates of the company have remained stable ahead of its second quarter 2018 earnings. However, currency headwinds remain a major concern for the company and are expected to hurt its results in fiscal 2018. Also, the company has been facing macroeconomic challenges in the U.S. and Canada. Hence it has resorted to store closures in these regions.”
- 8/5/2017 – Guess? was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/28/2017 – Guess? was given a new $11.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/22/2017 – Guess? was given a new $16.00 price target on by analysts at FBR & Co. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 7/14/2017 – Guess? had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $11.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/12/2017 – Guess? was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/11/2017 – Guess? is now covered by analysts at FBR & Co. They set an “outperform” rating and a $16.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/30/2017 – Guess? was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
Guess?, Inc. (GES) opened at 14.11 on Wednesday. Guess?, Inc. has a 52 week low of $9.56 and a 52 week high of $18.68. The stock has a market cap of $1.17 billion, a P/E ratio of 45.22 and a beta of 0.42. The stock has a 50 day moving average of $12.42 and a 200-day moving average of $11.89.
Guess? (NYSE:GES) last posted its earnings results on Wednesday, May 24th. The company reported ($0.24) EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of ($0.32) by $0.08. The company had revenue of $458.60 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $449.22 million. Guess? had a net margin of 1.20% and a return on equity of 3.67%. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 2.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the firm posted ($0.23) earnings per share. Analysts forecast that Guess?, Inc. will post $0.40 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Guess? news, CEO Amigo Victor Herrero bought 3,274 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Monday, June 26th. The stock was bought at an average cost of $11.70 per share, with a total value of $38,305.80. Following the completion of the transaction, the chief executive officer now directly owns 392,848 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $4,596,321.60. The purchase was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through this link. Insiders own 29.60% of the company’s stock.
Guess?, Inc designs, markets, distributes and licenses a lifestyle collections of apparel and accessories for men, women and children. The Company operates through five segments: Americas Retail, Europe, Asia, Americas Wholesale and Licensing. The Americas Retail segment includes the Company’s retail and e-commerce operations in North and Central America and its retail operations in South America.
Receive News & Ratings for Guess? Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Guess? Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.