CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
CMS Energy Corporation (NYSE: CMS) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 8/10/2017 – CMS Energy Corporation was given a new $49.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/31/2017 – CMS Energy Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $48.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/31/2017 – CMS Energy Corporation is now covered by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They set an “equal weight” rating and a $47.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/24/2017 – CMS Energy Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $46.00.
- 7/6/2017 – CMS Energy Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/24/2017 – CMS Energy Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 6/17/2017 – CMS Energy Corporation was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
CMS Energy Corporation (CMS) opened at 47.48 on Friday. CMS Energy Corporation has a 12 month low of $38.78 and a 12 month high of $48.37. The firm has a 50-day moving average price of $46.51 and a 200 day moving average price of $45.37. The company has a market cap of $13.37 billion, a P/E ratio of 23.98 and a beta of 0.16.
CMS Energy Corporation (NYSE:CMS) last posted its earnings results on Friday, July 28th. The utilities provider reported $0.33 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.41 by $0.08. The business had revenue of $1.45 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.36 billion. CMS Energy Corporation had a return on equity of 12.98% and a net margin of 8.52%. CMS Energy Corporation’s revenue was up 5.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the business earned $0.45 EPS. Equities research analysts predict that CMS Energy Corporation will post $2.17 EPS for the current year.
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, August 31st. Shareholders of record on Friday, August 4th will be paid a dividend of $0.3325 per share. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, August 2nd. This represents a $1.33 annualized dividend and a yield of 2.80%. CMS Energy Corporation’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is 66.83%.
In other CMS Energy Corporation news, Director Jon E. Barfield sold 6,336 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Thursday, August 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $46.81, for a total transaction of $296,588.16. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at the SEC website. Also, insider Dhenuvakonda Rao Venkat sold 2,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, May 16th. The stock was sold at an average price of $45.50, for a total value of $91,000.00. Following the sale, the insider now directly owns 30,022 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $1,366,001. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. In the last three months, insiders have sold 68,336 shares of company stock valued at $3,223,288. 0.65% of the stock is owned by insiders.
CMS Energy Corporation is an energy company operating primarily in Michigan. The Company operates through three segments: electric utility, which consists of regulated activities associated with the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity in Michigan; gas utility, which consists of regulated activities associated with the transportation, storage and distribution of natural gas in Michigan, and enterprises, which consists of various subsidiaries engaging primarily in domestic independent power production.
Receive News & Ratings for CMS Energy Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CMS Energy Corporation and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.