Recent Investment Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Genuine Parts (GPC)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Genuine Parts (NYSE: GPC) in the last few weeks:
- 7/31/2017 – Genuine Parts was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/24/2017 – Genuine Parts was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Genuine Parts earnings missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate in the second quarter of 2017. However, revenues in the quarter rose year over year and beat the estimate. It is expected to face a short-term liquidity crisis at the time of declining sales, as approximately 53% of the current asset is locked in its merchandised inventory. Also, a continuous rise in selling, administrative & other expenses will create a further pressure on the financials of the company. Genuine Parts shares have also underperformed the industry it belongs to, in the last three months.”
- 7/24/2017 – Genuine Parts was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/21/2017 – Genuine Parts was upgraded by analysts at Gabelli from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $101.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/12/2017 – Genuine Parts was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/6/2017 – Genuine Parts had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wedbush.
- 7/6/2017 – Genuine Parts was downgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) from a “neutral” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $89.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $104.00.
- 6/24/2017 – Genuine Parts was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/14/2017 – Genuine Parts was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
Shares of Genuine Parts Company (NYSE:GPC) opened at 82.29 on Friday. Genuine Parts Company has a one year low of $80.86 and a one year high of $105.18. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $85.77 and a 200 day moving average price of $91.76. The company has a market capitalization of $12.08 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 17.82 and a beta of 1.04.
Genuine Parts (NYSE:GPC) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 20th. The specialty retailer reported $1.29 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.31 by $0.02. Genuine Parts had a return on equity of 21.05% and a net margin of 4.37%. The business had revenue of $4.10 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $4.05 billion. During the same period last year, the company earned $1.28 EPS. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 5.1% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts forecast that Genuine Parts Company will post $4.73 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Genuine Parts Company is a service organization engaged in the distribution of automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products and electrical/electronic materials. The Company’s segments include Automotive, Industrial, Office Products Group, Electrical/Electronic Materials and Other.
Receive News & Ratings for Genuine Parts Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Genuine Parts Company and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.