Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Astrazeneca PLC (AZN)
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Astrazeneca PLC (NYSE: AZN):
- 8/9/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies.
- 8/9/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC was upgraded by analysts at Investec from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 8/4/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 8/1/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC was upgraded by analysts at Pareto Securities from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/28/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $34.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/28/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC was downgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating.
- 7/27/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC was downgraded by analysts at Leerink Swann from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $31.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $36.00.
- 7/24/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/17/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong-buy” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “AstraZeneca has a strong product portfolio and is one of the key players in the global cardiovascular market. It has been very active on the acquisition and partnering front, and expects to continue pursuing accretive deals. However, generic competition faced by AstraZeneca has put significant pressure on the top line. Atacand, Toprol-XL, Seroquel and Merrem are already facing generic competition in the U.S. Lately, its core products Crestor and Nexium are facing declining sales due to generic competition. Sales of another important drug, Symbicort, are declining due to significant pricing pressure on the ICS/LABA class. The diabetes franchise also faces stiff competition. Estimates for 2018 have declined slightly ahead of the company’s Q2 earnings release. The company has a positive record of earnings surprises in the recent quarters.”
- 7/13/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC.
- 7/13/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The).
- 7/11/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/3/2017 – Astrazeneca PLC had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC.
Astrazeneca PLC (AZN) traded up 0.293% during trading on Friday, hitting $29.115. 2,286,397 shares of the stock were exchanged. The firm’s 50-day moving average is $32.65 and its 200 day moving average is $31.39. The firm has a market cap of $73.72 billion, a PE ratio of 19.098 and a beta of 0.74. Astrazeneca PLC has a 52 week low of $25.55 and a 52 week high of $35.60. Astrazeneca PLC also was the target of unusually large options trading activity on Wednesday. Stock investors purchased 8,259 put options on the company. This is an increase of 1,510% compared to the average daily volume of 513 put options.
Astrazeneca PLC (NYSE:AZN) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July 27th. The company reported $0.87 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.41 by $0.46. Astrazeneca PLC had a net margin of 17.80% and a return on equity of 35.90%. The business had revenue of $5.05 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $5.04 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $0.83 EPS. The firm’s quarterly revenue was down 9.9% compared to the same quarter last year. Analysts expect that Astrazeneca PLC will post $1.85 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The business also recently announced a None dividend, which will be paid on Monday, September 11th. Shareholders of record on Friday, August 11th will be paid a $0.44 dividend. This represents a yield of 2.98%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, August 9th. Astrazeneca PLC’s payout ratio is 59.34%.
AstraZeneca PLC (AstraZeneca) is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company focuses on discovery and development of products, which are then manufactured, marketed and sold. The Company focuses on three main therapy areas: Oncology, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Disease (CVMD) and Respiratory, while selectively pursuing therapies in Autoimmunity, Infection and Neuroscience.
Receive News & Ratings for Astrazeneca PLC Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Astrazeneca PLC and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.