VIVUS (VVUS) Earns News Impact Rating of 0.17
Press coverage about VIVUS (NASDAQ:VVUS) has trended somewhat positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment. The research group ranks the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. VIVUS earned a media sentiment score of 0.17 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news headlines about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 44.4208706260133 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company’s share price in the next few days.
These are some of the headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- VIVUS, Inc. (NASDAQ:VVUS) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume – First News 24 (firstnewspaper24.com)
- Investors see Lower earnings in the future VIVUS, Inc. (VVUS) – Street Observer (press release) (streetobserver.com)
- VIVUS (VVUS) Says Tacrolimus Received Orphan Drug Designation in the European Union for the Treatment of PAH (streetinsider.com)
- VIVUS, Aggressive Marketing For Approved Drugs, Milestone for Tacrolimus, Pipeline Analysis (finance.yahoo.com)
- VIVUS Announces Tacrolimus Receives Orphan Drug Designation in the European Union for the Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (finance.yahoo.com)
VIVUS (NASDAQ VVUS) traded up 0.316% during trading on Wednesday, reaching $0.953. 256,598 shares of the company were exchanged. VIVUS has a 1-year low of $0.86 and a 1-year high of $1.47. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $1.01 and its 200-day moving average price is $1.09. The stock has a market capitalization of $100.84 million, a P/E ratio of 3.074 and a beta of 0.88.
Several equities analysts have recently commented on VVUS shares. Zacks Investment Research raised shares of VIVUS from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and set a $1.50 price objective for the company in a research note on Monday, July 17th. ValuEngine downgraded shares of VIVUS from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research note on Friday, September 1st.
VIVUS Company Profile
VIVUS, Inc is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company operates in the development and commercialization of therapeutic products segment. It provides over two therapies approved by the Food and Drug Association (FDA), which include Qsymia (phentermine and topiramate extended-release) for chronic weight management and STENDRA (avanafil) for erectile dysfunction (ED).
Receive News & Ratings for VIVUS Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for VIVUS Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.