Weekly Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for AutoNation (AN)
AutoNation (NYSE: AN) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 11/6/2017 – AutoNation had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Company. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $40.00.
- 11/3/2017 – AutoNation had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC from $44.00 to $50.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 11/2/2017 – AutoNation was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 10/26/2017 – AutoNation was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 10/4/2017 – AutoNation was downgraded by analysts at Northcoast Research from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 10/4/2017 – AutoNation is now covered by analysts at Berenberg Bank. They set a “buy” rating and a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/2/2017 – AutoNation was downgraded by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $38.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $36.00.
- 9/28/2017 – AutoNation was downgraded by analysts at UBS AG from a “positive” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 9/28/2017 – AutoNation had its “negative” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Susquehanna Bancshares Inc.
Shares of AutoNation, Inc. (AN) traded up $0.25 during midday trading on Tuesday, hitting $52.73. The stock had a trading volume of 650,200 shares, compared to its average volume of 1,342,681. The stock has a market capitalization of $4,788.47, a P/E ratio of 13.60, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.19 and a beta of 1.24. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.59, a quick ratio of 0.17 and a current ratio of 0.73. AutoNation, Inc. has a twelve month low of $38.20 and a twelve month high of $55.77.
AutoNation (NYSE:AN) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, November 2nd. The company reported $1.00 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.84 by $0.16. The firm had revenue of $5.43 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $5.58 billion. AutoNation had a return on equity of 16.40% and a net margin of 1.87%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 2.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $1.05 EPS. research analysts anticipate that AutoNation, Inc. will post 3.73 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
In related news, EVP Donna L. Parlapiano sold 3,367 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Thursday, November 9th. The stock was sold at an average price of $51.81, for a total value of $174,444.27. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 11,469 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $594,208.89. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, major shareholder Edward S. Lampert sold 3,480 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, November 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $55.61, for a total value of $193,522.80. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 3.10% of the stock is currently owned by corporate insiders.
AutoNation, Inc (AutoNation) is an automotive retailer in the United States. The Company offers a range of automotive products and services, including new vehicles, used vehicles, parts and service, which includes automotive repair and maintenance services, as well as wholesale parts and collision businesses, and automotive finance and insurance products, including vehicle service and other protection products, as well as the arranging of financing for vehicle purchases through third-party finance sources.
Receive News & Ratings for AutoNation Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AutoNation Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.