Ophthotech (OPHT) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Accern Reports
Press coverage about Ophthotech (NASDAQ:OPHT) has been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern. The research group rates the sentiment of news coverage by reviewing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Ophthotech earned a daily sentiment score of 0.14 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned news coverage about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 47.1213928169466 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the news headlines that may have effected Accern’s rankings:
- Notable Notable Runners: DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc., (NASDAQ: XRAY), Ophthotech Corporation, (NASDAQ: OPHT … – Stocks In The News (press release) (tradingnewsnow.com)
- Ophthotech Corp Cmn (OPHT) Receives $3.83 Consensus Target Price – ExpertGazette (expertgazette.com)
- Regeneron’s Stock Falls as Mid-Stage Eye Disease Studies Fail (zacks.com)
- MFA Financial, Inc., (NYSE: MFA), Hologic, Inc., (NASDAQ: HOLX), Ophthotech Corporation, (NASDAQ: OPHT … – Stocks In The News (press release) (tradingnewsnow.com)
- Tottering Stocks: Hologic, Inc., (NASDAQ: HOLX), Ophthotech Corporation, (NASDAQ: OPHT), Enterprise Products … – Stocks In The News (press release) (tradingnewsnow.com)
Shares of Ophthotech (OPHT) opened at $3.14 on Thursday. The company has a market cap of $113.52, a price-to-earnings ratio of 2.01 and a beta of 1.40. Ophthotech has a 1 year low of $2.24 and a 1 year high of $40.34.
A number of analysts have weighed in on the stock. ValuEngine raised shares of Ophthotech from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a research note on Monday, October 2nd. Stifel Nicolaus reaffirmed a “hold” rating and set a $4.00 target price on shares of Ophthotech in a research note on Thursday, September 21st. Finally, Zacks Investment Research raised shares of Ophthotech from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating and set a $3.25 target price on the stock in a research note on Monday, November 13th. Twelve investment analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating, one has assigned a buy rating and one has assigned a strong buy rating to the company. Ophthotech has a consensus rating of “Hold” and an average target price of $8.31.
Ophthotech Corporation is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the development of therapeutics to treat ophthalmic diseases, with a focus on diseases of the back of the eye. Its primary focus is developing therapeutics for age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is a disorder of the central portion of the retina, known as the macula, that may result in blindness.
Receive News & Ratings for Ophthotech Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ophthotech Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.