Welltower (HCN) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
Welltower (NYSE: HCN) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 1/15/2018 – Welltower was given a new $57.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 1/13/2018 – Welltower was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 1/12/2018 – Welltower was given a new $70.00 price target on by analysts at Stephens. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 1/9/2018 – Welltower was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Welltower is set to acquire a portfolio of four rental continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) and convert those to a RIDEA structure. Further, it has secured a major institutional investor for the development of an assisted living and memory care community in midtown Manhattan. Although these moves fortify its healthcare asset portfolio, increase in supply of seniors housing assets in certain markets remains a pressure point. It curbs landlords’ pricing power and also limits any robust occupancy growth. Additionally, rate hike is a concern for the company because of its high exposure to long-term leased assets. Stiff competition and adverse effects on earnings due to increased dispositions add to its woes. Also, shares of Welltower underperformed its industry, in the past year.”
- 12/11/2017 – Welltower had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Mizuho. They now have a $67.00 price target on the stock.
Welltower Inc (NYSE HCN) traded down $1.01 during trading hours on Tuesday, reaching $59.16. 2,686,500 shares of the company’s stock traded hands, compared to its average volume of 2,184,033. Welltower Inc has a one year low of $58.98 and a one year high of $78.17. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.79, a quick ratio of 1.76 and a current ratio of 1.76. The stock has a market capitalization of $21,860.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 51.89, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 3.92 and a beta of 0.25.
Welltower (NYSE:HCN) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, November 7th. The real estate investment trust reported $1.08 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.05 by $0.03. Welltower had a net margin of 22.67% and a return on equity of 7.45%. The company had revenue of $1.09 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.06 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $1.16 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was up 1.1% on a year-over-year basis. research analysts predict that Welltower Inc will post 4.24 EPS for the current year.
Welltower Inc invests with seniors housing operators, post-acute providers and health systems to fund real estate and infrastructure. The Company invests in seniors housing and healthcare real estate. It operates in three segments: triple-net, seniors housing operating and outpatient medical. Welltower, a real estate investment trust (REIT), owns interests in properties concentrated in markets in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, consisting of seniors housing and post-acute communities, and outpatient medical properties.
Receive News & Ratings for Welltower Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Welltower Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.