Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Altria Group (MO)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Altria Group (NYSE: MO) in the last few weeks:
- 1/8/2018 – Altria Group was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Altria has surpassed the industry in the past three months, thanks to its progress in the smokeless products category. Growth in market share for smokeless products also benefited the company’s third-quarter 2017 earnings, which rose year over year and topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Further, the company expects the smokeless product category, including e-vapor products to continue performing well. Moreover, Altria remains on track with its cost-reduction initiatives and consolidation of its manufacturing facilities to streamline operations. However, declining demand of tobacco products and stringent government regulations to curb tobacco consumption has been hurting Altria’s top line. Evidently, sales have lagged the consensus mark in seven out of the last nine quarters. Altria’s Wine category has also remained dismal for sometime now, owing to heightened competition.”
- 1/4/2018 – Altria Group had its price target raised by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co from $80.00 to $85.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 1/2/2018 – Altria Group was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Declining demand of tobacco products and stringent government regulations to curb tobacco consumption has been hurting Altria’s top line for a while now. As per the recent court orders, Altria and other cigarette manufacturers have been directed to put up self-critical advertisements on television and newspapers. In the past too the FDA has proposed several regulations to curb tobacco consumption, such as lowering nicotine content in cigarettes and seeking marketing authorization for any tobacco products before they are launched. Altria’s Wine category has also remained dismal for sometime now, owing to heightened competition. However Altria’s progress in the smokeless tobacco products category is quite noteworthy and has helped its shares to surpass the industry in the past three months. Further Altria’s marketing and technology agreement with Philip Morris is also expected to boost the company’s business.”
- 12/28/2017 – Altria Group was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $69.29 price target on the stock.
- 12/19/2017 – Altria Group was upgraded by analysts at Berenberg Bank from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $71.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $60.01.
- 12/11/2017 – Altria Group was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. They now have a $67.97 price target on the stock.
- 12/4/2017 – Altria Group was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $71.65 price target on the stock.
Shares of Altria Group Inc (NYSE:MO) opened at $68.92 on Wednesday. The stock has a market capitalization of $131,510.00, a price-to-earnings ratio of 8.62, a PEG ratio of 2.55 and a beta of 0.62. The company has a current ratio of 0.77, a quick ratio of 0.48 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.14. Altria Group Inc has a 52-week low of $60.01 and a 52-week high of $77.79.
Altria Group (NYSE:MO) last announced its earnings results on Thursday, October 26th. The company reported $0.90 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.87 by $0.03. The company had revenue of $5.10 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $5.22 billion. Altria Group had a return on equity of 49.43% and a net margin of 60.37%. Altria Group’s revenue for the quarter was down 1.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $0.82 earnings per share. research analysts anticipate that Altria Group Inc will post 3.28 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Altria Group, Inc is a holding company. The Company’s segments include smokeable products, smokeless products and wine. The Company’s subsidiaries include Philip Morris USA Inc (PM USA), which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes in the United States; John Middleton Co (Middleton), which is engaged in the manufacture and sale of machine-made cigars and pipe tobacco, and UST LLC (UST), which, through its subsidiaries, including U.S.
Receive News & Ratings for Altria Group Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Altria Group Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.