Somewhat Favorable News Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Impact American Superconductor (AMSC) Share Price
News coverage about American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC) has trended somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. Accern ranks the sentiment of media coverage by monitoring more than twenty million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. American Superconductor earned a news impact score of 0.16 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave press coverage about the technology company an impact score of 46.8146064607794 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the news stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment’s scoring:
- Equities Analysts Offer Predictions for American Superconductor Co.’s FY2018 Earnings (AMSC) (americanbankingnews.com)
- American Superconductor (AMSC) Posts Quarterly Earnings Results, Beats Estimates By $0.17 EPS (americanbankingnews.com)
- Should You Be Concerned About American Superconductor Corporation’s (NASDAQ:AMSC) -34.28% Earnings Decline? (finance.yahoo.com)
- AMSC Reports Third Quarter Fiscal 2017 Financial Results and Provides Business Outlook (finance.yahoo.com)
- AMSC to Report Third Quarter Fiscal Year 2017 Financial Results on February 5, 2018Company to Host Conference Call at 10:00 am on February 6 (markets.businessinsider.com)
Shares of American Superconductor (NASDAQ:AMSC) traded down $0.37 during trading hours on Thursday, hitting $4.51. The stock had a trading volume of 198,974 shares, compared to its average volume of 403,724. The company has a market capitalization of $89.84, a P/E ratio of -2.26 and a beta of 1.31. American Superconductor has a 1 year low of $2.89 and a 1 year high of $7.75.
A number of brokerages have recently issued reports on AMSC. B. Riley reaffirmed a “hold” rating and set a $6.00 price target on shares of American Superconductor in a report on Thursday, January 25th. Zacks Investment Research downgraded American Superconductor from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a report on Tuesday, January 9th. One analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, three have given a hold rating and five have issued a buy rating to the company’s stock. The stock presently has an average rating of “Hold” and an average price target of $6.72.
American Superconductor Company Profile
American Superconductor Corporation (AMSC) is a provider of megawatt-scale solutions. The Company operates through two segments: Wind and Grid. Through the Company’s Windtec Solutions brand, the Wind business segment enables manufacturers to field wind turbines. Through the Company’s Gridtec Solutions, the Grid business segment enables electric utilities and renewable energy project developers to connect, transmit and distribute power.
Receive News & Ratings for American Superconductor Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for American Superconductor and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.