Litecoin (LTC) Trading Down 7.9% This Week
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 3.7% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 20:00 PM ET on February 24th. One Litecoin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $209.68 or 0.02147760 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including BtcTrade.im, Kucoin, Liqui and CoolCoin. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $11.61 billion and approximately $884.65 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, Litecoin has traded down 7.9% against the U.S. dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded down 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0581 or 0.00000595 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 6.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0063 or 0.00000065 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 4.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00003424 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 7.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.58 or 0.00005925 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.25 or 0.00012786 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 9.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.34 or 0.00023964 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.25 or 0.00043526 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001620 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 6.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00003200 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.80 or 0.00028674 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BitBay, TOPBTC, Bitmaszyna, GDAX, Coingi, Gate.io, Tux Exchange, CoinsBank, Trade Satoshi, Bitbank, HitBTC, Stocks.Exchange, Bibox, Bleutrade, Bitinka, Mercatox, C-CEX, Cryptomate, Coinut, Bitsane, Negocie Coins, BitGrail, OpenLedger DEX, BX Thailand, Bittrex, Bit-Z, ChaoEX, BCEX, OKCoin.cn, NIX-E, Koinim, BTC Markets, OkCoin Intl., Coinsquare, Cryptox, Abucoins, Tripe Dice Exchange, Tidex, DSX, Braziliex, BTC Trade UA, TDAX, BitMarket, QuadrigaCX, YoBit, Bittylicious, ZB.COM, Gatecoin, CoinEx, Bithumb, xBTCe, LocalTrade, Exrates, BitKonan, BitFlip, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Cryptopia, Upbit, Coinhouse, CoinExchange, RightBTC, Kraken, Qryptos, Exmo, Bitso, LiteBit.eu, Coinbene, Bits Blockchain, BigONE, Coinroom, Coinrail, Allcoin, CoinFalcon, CoinEgg, Poloniex, Bisq, Bitfinex, Livecoin, Altcoin Trader, CryptoBridge, The Rock Trading, Bit2C, Binance, OKEx, RippleFox, Kucoin, COSS, WEX, Bitstamp, BTC-Alpha, Liqui, Huobi, Dgtmarket, Mr. Exchange, EXX, Mercado Bitcoin, Bitlish, Koinex, BITHOLIC, Koineks, AEX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Coinone, FreiExchange, GOPAX, SouthXchange, CoolCoin, BtcTrade.im and VirtacoinWorld. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.