Litecoin Price Tops $212.58 on Exchanges (LTC)
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 3.3% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 11:00 AM Eastern on March 3rd. In the last seven days, Litecoin has traded up 5.1% against the U.S. dollar. One Litecoin coin can currently be purchased for $212.58 or 0.01857360 BTC on major exchanges including Braziliex, Bitfinex, Huobi and VirtacoinWorld. Litecoin has a total market cap of $11.79 billion and approximately $703.78 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 2.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0575 or 0.00000503 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0056 or 0.00000049 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 2.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00003534 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded up 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.70 or 0.00006127 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 6.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.95 or 0.00008321 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.25 or 0.00019629 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded up 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $3.91 or 0.00034133 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00002692 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00001198 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.15 or 0.00001313 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Stocks.Exchange, Bit-Z, BtcTrade.im, OKCoin.cn, CoinFalcon, Bitbank, Tripe Dice Exchange, YoBit, Coinbene, Cryptomate, Allcoin, TDAX, BitMarket, BitBay, Bittrex, Negocie Coins, Livecoin, ChaoEX, OKEx, Binance, Coinsquare, Cryptox, BTC-Alpha, BTC Markets, Bitfinex, Bithumb, Coinhouse, RippleFox, NIX-E, Abucoins, BX Thailand, CoinExchange, ZB.COM, COSS, EXX, Bittylicious, CryptoBridge, Dgtmarket, DSX, Bitsane, Kraken, BitFlip, Tux Exchange, Coinrail, Bisq, Bitinka, Koineks, Bitcoin Indonesia, The Rock Trading, CoinsBank, xBTCe, Liqui, Coinut, Cryptopia, BITHOLIC, QuadrigaCX, BitGrail, Mercado Bitcoin, Tidex, Poloniex, Bits Blockchain, Koinim, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Mercatox, Kucoin, Bitstamp, BCEX, Braziliex, OkCoin Intl., Bitmaszyna, Gate.io, Bibox, RightBTC, Bit2C, GOPAX, Bitlish, Coinroom, CoinEx, Exmo, Coingi, CoolCoin, BitKonan, SouthXchange, Coinone, Mr. Exchange, LiteBit.eu, Upbit, BigONE, Trade Satoshi, Exrates, Bleutrade, TOPBTC, Koinex, C-CEX, AEX, FreiExchange, GDAX, Gatecoin, Huobi, Qryptos, BTC Trade UA, LocalTrade, HitBTC, Bitso, CoinEgg, WEX, VirtacoinWorld, OpenLedger DEX and Altcoin Trader. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using US dollars directly can do so using Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.