Litecoin (LTC) Achieves Market Cap of $11.73 Billion
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded up 1.2% against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 21:00 PM E.T. on March 4th. During the last week, Litecoin has traded down 5.9% against the dollar. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for $211.33 or 0.01843090 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including EXX, CoolCoin, Binance and TDAX. Litecoin has a market cap of $11.73 billion and approximately $563.55 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0562 or 0.00000490 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded up 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0055 or 0.00000048 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.43 or 0.00003720 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.70 or 0.00006120 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 1.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.91 or 0.00007914 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.19 or 0.00019108 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $3.33 or 0.00029043 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00002628 BTC.
- Viacoin (VIA) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.63 or 0.00022909 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00001169 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Bit2C, Bitsane, Bitinka, OkCoin Intl., Tidex, TOPBTC, FreiExchange, The Rock Trading, COSS, Coinroom, Bibox, Kucoin, Poloniex, CoinEgg, YoBit, Bitbank, Exrates, QuadrigaCX, WEX, Bitstamp, Bleutrade, SouthXchange, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bitso, AEX, Bitlish, ZB.COM, BigONE, LocalTrade, NIX-E, Negocie Coins, C-CEX, Mercado Bitcoin, Bisq, TDAX, BitMarket, BCEX, BitGrail, OKCoin.cn, Coinhouse, Koinex, Bitfinex, Koinim, BTC Trade UA, Bithumb, RightBTC, BitFlip, HitBTC, Binance, CoinFalcon, OKEx, Dgtmarket, Tux Exchange, Coinrail, EXX, BtcTrade.im, Livecoin, BitKonan, CoinsBank, Bitmaszyna, Kraken, CoinEx, Coinsquare, VirtacoinWorld, BTC Markets, Altcoin Trader, CryptoBridge, Coinbene, Coinone, Trade Satoshi, Huobi, Gatecoin, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coingi, Braziliex, Bits Blockchain, Bittylicious, OpenLedger DEX, xBTCe, Cryptopia, Qryptos, Mercatox, Bit-Z, GOPAX, RippleFox, CoolCoin, Liqui, Cryptomate, Exmo, BitBay, CoinExchange, GDAX, Coinut, Koineks, BTC-Alpha, BX Thailand, Allcoin, DSX, Abucoins, BITHOLIC, Gate.io, ChaoEX, Cryptox, Upbit, Mr. Exchange, Tripe Dice Exchange, LiteBit.eu and Stocks.Exchange. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, Changelly or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.