Peercoin Trading Down 3% Over Last Week (PPC)
Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded flat against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM ET on March 5th. One Peercoin coin can now be bought for approximately $3.13 or 0.00027001 BTC on exchanges including BX Thailand, YoBit, OpenLedger DEX and Cryptopia. Peercoin has a market cap of $77.10 million and $511,301.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last week, Peercoin has traded down 3% against the dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $11,615.30 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,276.09 or 0.11017300 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $3.49 or 0.00030126 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded up 11.4% against the dollar and now trades at $4.53 or 0.00039118 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded down 1.4% against the dollar and now trades at $109.56 or 0.00945464 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded down 8.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0003 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $22.46 or 0.00193912 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $2.75 or 0.00023771 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Coingi, WEX, Bittylicious, Bittrex, YoBit, LiteBit.eu, BX Thailand, Livecoin, Bleutrade, HitBTC, Poloniex, SouthXchange, Bit-Z, Tux Exchange, OpenLedger DEX, The Rock Trading and Cryptopia. It is not possible to purchase Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Peercoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.