Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Coherent (COHR)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Coherent (NASDAQ: COHR):
- 4/24/2018 – Coherent was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 4/19/2018 – Coherent was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 4/16/2018 – Coherent was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Coherent, Inc. is an American company, designs, manufactures and markets laser systems and components, laser measurement and control products, optics, and laser accessories, which are used both in industry and scientific research. Their markets are the microelectronics industry (e.g., flat panel display manufacturing, integrated circuit packaging, and integrated circuit inspection), scientific research, OEM components, and materials processing (e.g., CO2 lasers for cutting metals). “
- 4/12/2018 – Coherent had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays. They now have a $225.00 price target on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 4/9/2018 – Coherent had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Benchmark Co.. They now have a $310.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/29/2018 – Coherent was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
COHR stock traded down $1.38 during trading on Tuesday, hitting $167.45. The stock had a trading volume of 474,705 shares, compared to its average volume of 612,264. Coherent, Inc. has a 1-year low of $164.70 and a 1-year high of $329.00. The company has a market capitalization of $4,310.54, a price-to-earnings ratio of 13.32 and a beta of 0.96. The company has a current ratio of 3.18, a quick ratio of 2.08 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.42.
Coherent (NASDAQ:COHR) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, February 7th. The scientific and technical instruments company reported $3.54 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $3.52 by $0.02. Coherent had a net margin of 11.79% and a return on equity of 29.82%. The company had revenue of $477.60 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $474.21 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $2.57 EPS. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 38.0% compared to the same quarter last year. research analysts predict that Coherent, Inc. will post 14.84 earnings per share for the current year.
Several hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of COHR. Cornerstone Capital Management Holdings LLC. acquired a new position in shares of Coherent during the 3rd quarter valued at about $587,000. California Public Employees Retirement System grew its holdings in shares of Coherent by 5.1% during the 3rd quarter. California Public Employees Retirement System now owns 51,821 shares of the scientific and technical instruments company’s stock worth $12,187,000 after purchasing an additional 2,521 shares during the period. GSA Capital Partners LLP purchased a new stake in shares of Coherent during the 3rd quarter worth about $485,000. First Citizens Bank & Trust Co. purchased a new stake in shares of Coherent during the 4th quarter worth about $982,000. Finally, Jaffetilchin Investment Partners LLC grew its holdings in shares of Coherent by 146.9% during the 4th quarter. Jaffetilchin Investment Partners LLC now owns 2,773 shares of the scientific and technical instruments company’s stock worth $783,000 after purchasing an additional 1,650 shares during the period. 98.44% of the stock is owned by institutional investors.
Coherent, Inc provides lasers and laser-based technology in a range of scientific, commercial, and industrial applications worldwide. It operates through two segments, Specialty Lasers and Systems, and Commercial Lasers and Components. The company designs, manufactures, services, and markets lasers, laser tools, precision optics, and related accessories.
Receive News & Ratings for Coherent Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Coherent Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.