Namecoin Price Tops $1.62 (NMC)
Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar during the one day period ending at 15:00 PM ET on September 12th. One Namecoin coin can now be purchased for $1.62 or 0.00025590 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Altcoin Trader, Poloniex, YoBit and Trade By Trade. During the last seven days, Namecoin has traded down 21% against the dollar. Namecoin has a total market cap of $23.90 million and $97,374.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $6,356.38 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $429.26 or 0.06773134 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.70 or 0.00010986 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $85.19 or 0.01344217 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.78 or 0.00059624 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00002833 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 12.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0818 or 0.00001291 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0333 or 0.00000525 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0595 or 0.00000946 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded up 7.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00003019 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Trade By Trade, C-Patex, Tux Exchange, BX Thailand, Poloniex, Bleutrade, Altcoin Trader, Bittylicious, SouthXchange, WEX, Livecoin, YoBit and Cryptopia. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.