Somewhat Favorable News Coverage Somewhat Unlikely to Impact Turquoise Hill Resources (TRQ) Stock Price
Media headlines about Turquoise Hill Resources (NYSE:TRQ) (TSE:TRQ) have trended somewhat positive on Wednesday, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm rates the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Turquoise Hill Resources earned a media sentiment score of 0.19 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news stories about the basic materials company an impact score of 46.4339580664343 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the next few days.
These are some of the media headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s rankings:
- What Does Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd’s (TSE:TRQ) Ownership Structure Look Like? (finance.yahoo.com)
- Complimentary Stocks: Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. (NYSE:TRQ), Seadrill Partners LLC (NYSE:SDLP), Sutherland … (thestreetpoint.com)
- Overwhelming Three Stocks: Cronos Group Inc. (NASDAQ:CRON), Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. (NYSE:TRQ), Verint … (thestreetpoint.com)
- What Do Moving Averages Indicate? – Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd. (NYSE: TRQ) (stockspen.com)
- Turquoise Hill Resources appoints Alan Chirgwin to the Board of Directors (juniorminingnetwork.com)
Separately, ValuEngine cut shares of Turquoise Hill Resources from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating in a research report on Thursday, July 5th.
Turquoise Hill Resources (NYSE:TRQ) (TSE:TRQ) last announced its earnings results on Tuesday, July 31st. The basic materials company reported $0.09 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.02 by $0.07. The company had revenue of $341.74 million during the quarter. Turquoise Hill Resources had a net margin of 34.39% and a return on equity of 4.61%.
About Turquoise Hill Resources
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a mining company. The company explores for copper, gold, silver, and molybdenum deposits. It primarily develops and operates the Oyu Tolgoi mine located in the southern Mongolia. The company was formerly known as Ivanhoe Mines Ltd.
Further Reading: How Do You Calculate Return on Investment (ROI)?
Receive News & Ratings for Turquoise Hill Resources Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Turquoise Hill Resources and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.