Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Amedisys (AMED)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Amedisys (NASDAQ: AMED):
- 10/16/2018 – Amedisys was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 10/11/2018 – Amedisys had its price target raised by analysts at Robert W. Baird from $105.00 to $120.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 10/11/2018 – Amedisys had its price target raised by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald from $117.00 to $125.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 10/11/2018 – Amedisys had its price target raised by analysts at SunTrust Banks, Inc. to $130.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/18/2018 – Amedisys was given a new $139.00 price target on by analysts at Bank of America Corp. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/13/2018 – Amedisys is now covered by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They set a “neutral” rating and a $117.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2018 – Amedisys is now covered by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They set a “neutral” rating and a $117.00 price target on the stock.
AMED stock traded down $0.83 during trading hours on Friday, reaching $111.53. 81,657 shares of the stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 406,067. The stock has a market cap of $3.52 billion, a PE ratio of 50.46, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.67 and a beta of 1.00. The company has a current ratio of 1.21, a quick ratio of 1.21 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.30. Amedisys Inc has a 12 month low of $45.60 and a 12 month high of $127.38.
Amedisys (NASDAQ:AMED) last released its earnings results on Tuesday, July 31st. The health services provider reported $1.00 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.78 by $0.22. The firm had revenue of $411.60 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $403.62 million. Amedisys had a return on equity of 20.11% and a net margin of 4.46%. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.62 EPS. On average, analysts forecast that Amedisys Inc will post 3.41 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
Several hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently made changes to their positions in the company. Bfsg LLC bought a new position in shares of Amedisys in the 3rd quarter valued at about $445,000. Bowling Portfolio Management LLC bought a new position in shares of Amedisys in the 3rd quarter valued at about $1,011,000. Aperio Group LLC grew its holdings in shares of Amedisys by 2.7% in the 3rd quarter. Aperio Group LLC now owns 18,559 shares of the health services provider’s stock valued at $2,319,000 after acquiring an additional 480 shares in the last quarter. MERIAN GLOBAL INVESTORS UK Ltd bought a new position in shares of Amedisys in the 3rd quarter valued at about $5,276,000. Finally, Nisa Investment Advisors LLC grew its holdings in shares of Amedisys by 112.5% in the 3rd quarter. Nisa Investment Advisors LLC now owns 32,087 shares of the health services provider’s stock valued at $4,010,000 after acquiring an additional 16,987 shares in the last quarter. Institutional investors own 93.29% of the company’s stock.
Amedisys, Inc, together with its subsidiaries, provides healthcare services in the United States. It operates through three segments: Home Health, Hospice, and Personal Care. The Home Health segment offers a range of services in the homes of individuals for the recovery of patients from surgery, chronic disability, or terminal illness, as well as prevents avoidable hospital readmissions through its skilled nurses, physical and speech therapists, occupational therapists, and aides for its patients to complete their important personal tasks.
Featured Story: Understanding Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR)
Receive News & Ratings for Amedisys Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Amedisys Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.