Zcash (ZEC) 1-Day Trading Volume Hits $79.03 Million
Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded up 1.4% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 14:00 PM Eastern on October 28th. Zcash has a market capitalization of $626.57 million and $79.03 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Zcash coin can now be purchased for approximately $122.55 or 0.01895229 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Instant Bitex, Cryptomate, Cryptohub and Graviex. During the last seven days, Zcash has traded 2.4% lower against the dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $27.10 or 0.00419101 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $14.30 or 0.00221215 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.18 or 0.00033740 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $3.04 or 0.00047028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.74 or 0.00011545 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 2.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0006 or 0.00000009 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00004778 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded up 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00001564 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
- VoteCoin (VOT) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0039 or 0.00000060 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Zcash Coin Trading
Zcash can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BigONE, Bitfinex, BTC-Alpha, Huobi, Waves Decentralized Exchange, CEX.IO, HitBTC, Crex24, Kuna, Graviex, Coinroom, GOPAX, LBank, Sistemkoin, Cryptohub, BCEX, Bittrex, BiteBTC, OKEx, Bitinka, Gemini, Coinrail, Coinut, Gate.io, Cryptomate, Bit-Z, YoBit, LiteBit.eu, Upbit, Bithumb, Bitlish, BX Thailand, CoinExchange, WEX, BitBay, C2CX, Altcoin Trader, LocalTrade, Mercatox, Allcoin, Instant Bitex, Liquid, Tux Exchange, Kraken, Binance, Exmo, Ovis, BTC Trade UA, OTCBTC, Cryptopia, Trade Satoshi, CoinEx, Poloniex and Braziliex. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Zcash using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.