Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO) – Research Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Novo Nordisk A/S (NYSE: NVO) in the last few weeks:
- 11/20/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Novo Nordisk reported in line earnings but beat sales estimates in third-quarter 2018. However, the company remains optimistic about Ozempic and results for oral semaglutide. It is looking forward to make the first oral GLP-1 treatment available for people with type II diabetes. The company also made someorganizational changes aimed at boosting innovation in its R&D organization and redirecting resources in other parts of the organization to drive growth further. The company’s acquisition of Ziylo will provide it with the latter’s synthetic glucose binding molecules that will enable it todevelop glucose responsive insulins. The company’s expansion of its biopharm business also bodes well.Shares of the company underperformed the industry year to date.”
- 11/19/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 11/6/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at HSBC Holdings plc.
- 11/2/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cfra.
- 10/27/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/18/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Kepler Capital Markets.
- 10/10/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Novo Nordisk’s continued growth from Victoza and Tresiba as well as higher contributions from Saxenda and Xultophy are likely to be partly offset by the impact of lower realized prices in the Unites States, loss of exclusivity for products in hormone replacement therapy and intensifying competition within the diabetes and biopharmaceuticals markets, besides macroeconomic conditions in many markets under International Operations. However, the company remains optimistic about Ozempic and results for oral semaglutide and is looking forward to make the first oral GLP-1 treatment available for people with type II diabetes. Shares of the company have underperformed the industry, year to date. Estimates have remained stable ahead of the Q3 earnings release and the company has a positive record of earnings surprises in recent quarters.”
- 10/8/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S was downgraded by analysts at Bank of America Corp from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 10/8/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S is now covered by analysts at Guggenheim. They set a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/5/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S was downgraded by analysts at Pareto Securities from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 10/4/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 10/4/2018 – Novo Nordisk A/S had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG.
Shares of NVO traded down $1.50 during mid-day trading on Tuesday, reaching $43.97. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 184,448 shares, compared to its average volume of 1,415,567. The firm has a market capitalization of $107.93 billion, a P/E ratio of 18.79, a PEG ratio of 2.34 and a beta of 0.76. Novo Nordisk A/S has a 1 year low of $41.23 and a 1 year high of $58.37.
Novo Nordisk A/S (NYSE:NVO) last released its earnings results on Thursday, November 1st. The company reported $0.58 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.58. The company had revenue of $4.31 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $4.11 billion. Novo Nordisk A/S had a return on equity of 81.50% and a net margin of 34.94%. On average, equities analysts expect that Novo Nordisk A/S will post 2.44 earnings per share for the current year.
Novo Nordisk A/S, a healthcare company, engages in the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products worldwide. It operates in two segments, Diabetes Care and Obesity, and Biopharmaceuticals. The Diabetes Care and Obesity segment provides insulins, GLP-1 and related delivery systems, and oral anti-diabetic drugs and obesity.
Further Reading: Why does a company issue an IPO?
Receive News & Ratings for Novo Nordisk A/S Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Novo Nordisk A/S and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.