Namecoin Trading Up 12.1% This Week (NMC)
Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded up 2.3% against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 13:00 PM Eastern on June 17th. During the last week, Namecoin has traded 12.1% higher against the dollar. Namecoin has a market cap of $9.75 million and $6,207.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for $0.66 or 0.00007151 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including C-Patex, Trade By Trade, Altcoin Trader and YoBit.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9,253.77 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $430.41 or 0.04650393 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 1.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00004532 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $134.24 or 0.01450993 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.19 or 0.00023718 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00001899 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0146 or 0.00000158 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0148 or 0.00000159 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded 6.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0019 or 0.00000020 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BX Thailand, Altcoin Trader, Bittylicious, Cryptopia, YoBit, C-Patex, SouthXchange, Bleutrade, Poloniex, Bitsane, WEX, Livecoin, Trade By Trade and Tux Exchange. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.