Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Navient (NAVI)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Navient (NASDAQ: NAVI) in the last few weeks:
- 8/6/2019 – Navient was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c” rating to a “b-” rating.
- 8/1/2019 – Navient was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/26/2019 – Navient was given a new $17.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/25/2019 – Navient had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $14.00 to $17.00. They now have a “positive” rating on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 7/25/2019 – Navient was downgraded by analysts at Wedbush from an “outperform” rating to a “neutral” rating. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 7/25/2019 – Navient was downgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG from an “outperform” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $14.50 price target on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 7/19/2019 – Navient was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/11/2019 – Navient was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
Navient stock opened at $13.40 on Wednesday. The company has a 50 day moving average price of $13.69. Navient Corp has a 1-year low of $8.23 and a 1-year high of $15.67. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 26.20, a quick ratio of 13.85 and a current ratio of 13.85. The stock has a market cap of $3.12 billion, a PE ratio of 6.41, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 1.84 and a beta of 2.12.
Navient (NASDAQ:NAVI) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, July 23rd. The credit services provider reported $0.74 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.54 by $0.20. Navient had a net margin of 8.14% and a return on equity of 16.82%. The business had revenue of $296.00 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $296.50 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.52 EPS. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 7.2% on a year-over-year basis. On average, research analysts forecast that Navient Corp will post 2.45 earnings per share for the current year.
In other news, major shareholder Canyon Capital Advisors Llc sold 3,500,000 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, July 24th. The shares were sold at an average price of $14.95, for a total value of $52,325,000.00. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, EVP Stephen M. Hauber sold 9,000 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, May 16th. The shares were sold at an average price of $13.63, for a total transaction of $122,670.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Corporate insiders own 1.85% of the company’s stock.
Several institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of NAVI. Advisors Preferred LLC acquired a new position in shares of Navient in the 2nd quarter worth approximately $25,000. Nvwm LLC acquired a new stake in Navient during the 2nd quarter worth approximately $49,000. Thor Advisors LLC acquired a new stake in Navient during the 1st quarter worth approximately $67,000. Coastal Investment Advisors Inc. acquired a new stake in Navient during the 2nd quarter worth approximately $81,000. Finally, Jane Street Group LLC acquired a new stake in Navient during the 4th quarter worth approximately $93,000. 98.02% of the stock is owned by institutional investors and hedge funds.
Navient Corporation provides education loan management and business processing solutions for education, healthcare, and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels in the United States. It operates in three segments: Federal Education Loans, Consumer Lending, and Business Processing. The company holds and acquires Federal Family Education Loan Program loans that are insured or guaranteed by state or not-for-profit agencies; and performs servicing and asset recovery services on its own loan portfolio, and federal education loans owned by the United States Department of Education and other institutions.
Receive News & Ratings for Navient Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Navient Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.