BlackCoin (CURRENCY:BLK) traded 10.2% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 11:00 AM E.T. on June 11th. Over the last week, BlackCoin has traded up 16.4% against the U.S. dollar. BlackCoin has a market capitalization of $5.66 million and $1.24 million worth of BlackCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One BlackCoin coin can currently be purchased for about $0.0932 or 0.00000252 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Qtum (QTUM) traded 5.4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.39 or 0.00025367 BTC.
- BitBay (BAY) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00001849 BTC.
- Radium (RADS) traded up 167.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.07 or 0.00008889 BTC.
- NuShares (NSR) traded down 18.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Atmos (ATMOS) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0094 or 0.00000025 BTC.
- Global Currency Reserve (GCR) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0007 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Rubycoin (RBY) traded up 25.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.42 or 0.00001121 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “BlackCoin has seen initial success due to its innovative features. The coin has incorporated bitcoin upgrades to reduce transaction risk. The coin initially uses proof of work as well as proof of stake, with the proof of work being dropped after the 10000th block. The advantages of Blackcoins proof of stake is that it has extremely fast transaction confirmation times at ten seconds – compared to bitcoins ten minutes plus. The other bonus is the low energy consumption without PoW mining. Interest is paid annually at a 1% rate – well below the present global average. “
BlackCoin Coin Trading
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as BlackCoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire BlackCoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy BlackCoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for BlackCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for BlackCoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.