Terra (CURRENCY:LUNA) traded up 1.8% against the US dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on January 14th. Terra has a market cap of $29.13 billion and approximately $1.68 billion worth of Terra was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Terra has traded 15.9% higher against the US dollar. One Terra coin can now be purchased for $81.08 or 0.00188747 BTC on major exchanges.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Tezos (XTZ) traded up 1.3% against the dollar and now trades at $4.27 or 0.00009934 BTC.
- Dimension Chain (EON) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00001074 BTC.
- Adshares (ADS) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.40 or 0.00005587 BTC.
- Umbrella Network (UMB) traded up 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.28 or 0.00000645 BTC.
- Apex (CPX) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0057 or 0.00000012 BTC.
- Golos Blockchain (GLS) traded down 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000006 BTC.
- Luna Coin (LUNA) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0086 or 0.00000020 BTC.
- Glasscoin (GLS) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1.81 or 0.00004210 BTC.
- Elf Token (ELF) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Decimal (DEL) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.24 or 0.00000551 BTC.
Terra Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Terra aims to build a new financial infrastructure that works better for everyone. The network is powered by a family of stablecoins, each pegged to major fiat currencies all algorithmically stabilized by Terra’s native token, Luna. Terra’s mission is to set money free by building open financial infrastructure. Luna, as the native staking asset from which the family of Terra stablecoins derives their stability, utility, and value, acts both as collateral for the entire Terra economy and as a staking token that secures the PoS network. Luna can be held and traded like a normal crypto asset, but can also be staked to accrue rewards in the network generated from transaction fees. Luna can also be used to make and vote on governance proposals. The family of Terra stablecoins is designed to achieve stability through consistent mining rewards with a contracting and expanding money supply. For example, if the system has detected that the price of a Terra currency has deviated from its peg, it applies pressure to normalize the price. Currently, the family of Terra stablecoins includes: KRT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Korean Won), UST (Terra stablecoin pegged to US Dollar), MNT (Terra stablecoin pegged to Mongolian Togrog), SDR (Terra stablecoin pegged to IMF SDR), with more being added in the future. “
Terra Coin Trading
It is usually not presently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Terra directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Terra should first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Terra using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Terra Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Terra and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.