Cardano (ADA) traded 6.8% lower against the dollar during the one day period ending at 16:00 PM ET on May 14th. During the last week, Cardano has traded down 34% against the dollar. One Cardano coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.51 or 0.00001751 BTC on major exchanges. Cardano has a total market capitalization of $17.38 billion and approximately $1.18 billion worth of Cardano was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Avalanche (AVAX) traded down 6.1% against the dollar and now trades at $31.35 or 0.00106838 BTC.
- Hedera Hashgraph (HBAR) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00000629 BTC.
- Cronos (CRO) traded 6.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000616 BTC.
- NEAR Protocol (NEAR) traded 2.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $6.42 or 0.00021884 BTC.
- Uniswap (UNI) traded down 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $5.02 or 0.00017102 BTC.
- Algorand (ALGO) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.44 or 0.00001505 BTC.
- TerraUSD (UST) traded up 7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000624 BTC.
- Hedera (HBAR) traded down 2.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0961 or 0.00000328 BTC.
- Elrond (EGLD) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $86.90 or 0.00296162 BTC.
- XinFin Network (XDC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.13 or 0.00000284 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Designed and developed by IOHK in conjunction with the University of Edinburgh, the University of Athens and the University of Connecticut, Cardano SL (or Cardano Settlement Layer) is a Proof of Stake cryptocurrency based on the Haskell implementation of the white paper “Ouroboros: A Provably Secure Proof of Stake Blockchain Protocol” by Aggelos Kiayias, Alexander Russell, Bernardo David and Roman Oliynykov. Blockchain data provided by: Blockchair “
Buying and Selling Cardano
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Cardano directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Cardano should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Cardano using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Cardano Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Cardano and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.